Since it’s been about 3 months since I did our challenge posts which can all be found here: http://en.search.wordpress.com/?q=challenge&site=resourcefulhomeschoolmom.wordpress.com I decided give you all some cleaning motivation and a few more tips since sometimes it’s very hard to stick to a routine and keep things running smoothly all the time and you realize you forgot to fold laundry the day before, or maybe you just didn’t feel like doing the dishes last night and now you’ve got a good many to do, or your bed hasn’t been made one day this week.
And, you feel like this:
Don’t get discouraged and don’t let things get out of hand just remember what it’s like to wake up in the morning to a nice clean house that you only have to do maintenance cleaning to.
- Remember how good it feels: Just think of how wonderful you feel to know that if guests show up without notice you aren’t feeling embarrassed at the fact that you’ve got a unvaccumed floor, or the fact that you didn’t get to clear that counter yet today. Or, the feeling of waking up in the morning and being able to take a few minutes to relax knowing that you just have to maintain it all!
- Don’t forget that it’s less work for you in the long run: As mentioned before all you have to do is maintain your clean home, now yes you are still going to have to do the work every day, but when the rest of your house is clean and you’ve only got 2 rooms a day to maintain, a load of laundry and a load (or 2 or 3 for our house) doesn’t look like so much work.
- Know what you have to do: Make a plan, you all know what happens when you go to the grocery store without a list, well, cleaning the house (especially when you haven’t been going to your plan) is just like that. Only instead of extra things getting done, usually nothing does or if you do get little things done here and there it’s not very noticeable. So, go in with a to-do list and only do what’s on that list and do one room at a time don’t keep going back and forth room to room. With a list it will get done!
- Housework can be very boring: I’ll admit, that’s not much motivation but, it doesn’t have to be very boring it can be quite fun. Make a game out of it, get your kids involved hand them a dust rag or a broom let them help out and race each other to see who can get done faster (while still getting it clean). Throw on some music and sing while you clean, once you’re into the music it doesn’t feel like cleaning and time just flies by. Also, one thing I like to do is go to youtube and put on a video of someone cleaning or a day in the life video I don’t know why but hearing someone else talk about cleaning their house or their routines makes time fly by and cleaning seem like not such a big chore.
- Last but not least, write about it: Once you’ve finished your cleaning for the day and you can sit and relax or sit and play with the kids, take a few moments to write down how you feel, how relaxed it is knowing that you’re done and the house is looking great. It’s kind of like working out there are some days where you really just don’t feel like it, but once you’ve done it you feel great and you’re glad you did. Just remember those things.
Have you stuck with the challenges or were you getting a little behind? Did these tips help you out and give you the motivation you needed? Comment below to tell us!